- May 25 · I never knew Dolly Parton owned a cabin in Idyllwild http://curbed.cc/1qTiYbt via @Curbed LA
- May 25 · Amazing how quickly the mood in Idyllwild can change when sirens start… Hoping for the best!
- May 25 · Four fire engines – make that six – just roared past. Idyllwild does not need a fire today! Hoping it’s minor…
- May 25 · Just had lunch with my Grandma at Jan’s Red Kettle! #LoveIdyllwild
- May 23 · Van Halen’s “Hot for Teacher” is still…. so hot… Class dismissed! #guitarlove
- May 19 · Abstract in Acrylic, #2 http://wp.me/p4xUd1-1u8
- May 13 · Jack White in concert, on PBS, in the middle of the night, during my week-long summer “break” from law school? Fabulous! :)
May 11 · My first studio in Fallbrook – 12 years ago! I think it’s just being used for storage now…… http://instagram.com/p/n3s6gJgep9/
- May 11 · In Fallbrook for Mother’s Day! Yay! #stillfeelslikehome
- May 10 · Think she wants a bath? @ Riverside, California http://instagram.com/p/n1w7M5gemJ/
- May 4 · Finally feel like myself again! The exhaustion hangover from finals took a couple of days to shake this time… And yay! It’s summer!
- May 3 · I feel like Snow White! Just drove through a squirrel party in the street – dozens of ’em! Then two baby deer darted by! #iloveidyllwild
- May 1 · Wow! Four finals in 2 days is exhausting. Especially when they’re three solid hours of writing – frantically. My 1L year is officially over!
It’s the strangest thing, the most popular post on my whole blog, thanks to Pinterest, is a violet and orange abstract painting I did in 2004. Not a photograph, a painting. So when I found another painting in storage, that’s similar in style, I figured it would be fun to post it as well, and see what happens.
Is the violet and orange painting popular because of the colors? Is it just a fluke? Or will the blue and yellow painting find a few fans as well?
The blue and yellow abstract is actually much larger than the violet and orange painting – maybe four times larger. And when I put it aside in 2004, it felt “unfinished” to me, but I wasn’t sure what to do next with it. If you mess too long with a painting, you can completely spoil it, so I set it aside, and hoped that if I left it for a few days, I’d figure out what to do next. But I never did figure it out, and eventually I stuck it in storage, and now, ten years later when I look at it, I think maybe it was finished all along. I’m still not sure what else I would do to it, but more importantly, I think I like it the way it is. The violet and orange was my first painting, and I still like it best, and maybe that’s why I felt dissatisfied with this one? Because it was so different, and in my eyes, not as good. But now? Now I like it!
So what do you think? Finished or unfinished? Better or worse than the other? Is it worth hanging?
Rafael and Sasha! Sasha just turned one year old, so he’s barely out of kittenhood himself, but he’s completely affectionate and loving with the babies. Even when they bite his tail and try to climb him like a tree… He’s a patient cat!
Little Miss Calista, (with Rafael photobombing!) and her very tired mother, Maisie. Raising these babies is making Maisie more than a little tired. She’ll be glad when they find forever homes, and she can get back to napping at will again!
Samantha has the greenest eyes of all the kittens – not as green as her mother, but very pretty!
Sasha gives good baths! And my favorite cat of all, Roxie Pablo, is ready to take a real bath! Roxie is two-years-old now, and still my favorite. She was first, but it’s more than that; she’s just a very special cat.
Calista gives good face. That little orange nose? Just perfection.
Two shots of Vanessa! She’s actually my favorite of the kittens; probably because she loves me the most. It’s hard not to love a baby that looks at you adoringly, and follows you around, and only wants to be near you!
And finally, one more of Calista, because she’s just so darn cute! She wins for best-looking!
I finally joined Instagram, and wanted to share a little of what I’m posting!
There’s a certain looseness shooting with an iPhone that I really like. No real editing–other the option to apply a filter or two–and no pressure. Just fun!
If you want to follow me on Instagram, just go to http://instagram.com/cherylspelts