“‘Kindness’ covers all of my political beliefs,” he wrote, at the end of his memoirs. “No need to spell them out. I believe that if, at the end, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn’t always know this and am happy I lived long enough to find it out.”
I’ve used the same avatar for a long time – I think it’s artistic, and representational, and more of an icon than a straight photo. I also have a more traditional portrait that I use occasionally, on some sites, but my main avatar is more fun!
A couple of times in the past I’ve discovered someone else using my avatar as their own. I understood. It’s a cool avatar! What did it matter if it wasn’t actually them? They just found an avatar they liked, and grabbed it. I never called anyone on it, but occasionally I do a search to keep track of it. And in fact I ran a search tonight, and didn’t find any real people using it this time, but I found quite a few spammers or bots that seemed to have scraped it up. Great… It’s one thing to have a real person grab and use it because they like it – it’s a completely different thing when spammers use my avatar to make spammy comments.
I’ve posted some screen grabs below. The sites ranged from a U.K. crime blog, to a political blog written in Albanian, a news site written in Lithuanian, a travel blog, and sites for a newspaper in South Africa, a life breath coach, a Houston bankruptcy lawyer, a filmmaker, a debt collection agency in the U.K., two Internet marketing sites, a lingerie store, and a site about Indonesia. It was also used to comment on a track featured on a hip hop blog – a track that generated over 7000 comments.
The one that got to me the most? A comment made on another photographer’s blog. At least they didn’t use my name, just my avatar…
That last one is snarky!
Bottom line, if you ever see my avatar on a weirdly written comment, it’s probably not me…
And if you want to run a search yourself? Go to Google, and click on Image Search – or click here.
See that little camera icon in the search field? Click on it, then click on Upload an Image, and upload your avatar. Google will then generate a list of some of the pages where that image appears. Hopefully most of the listings are for you!
- Excellent news! The Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians buying 354 acres in Temecula will END the proposed rock quarry! http://t.co/FaENac1x ->
- It's Friday! How about a fun video to get the weekend rolling? The flip side of things between men and women in a bar.. http://t.co/5OgxE6X4 ->
- I think @CassadeePope is my favorite at this point. Guess @blakeshelton is right – I just like her! #TheVoice ->
- Catching up now on #TheVoice from Monday, and really enjoying all the songs with the @TheVoiceBand onstage! Always better with a band… ->
- Driving home I saw two police cars chasing a car on the freeway – then later a bunch of fire trucks and a building on fire. Bizarre night! ->
- PROP 37: Count ALL the Votes! http://t.co/ik71QL5J @signon ->
- On Twitter this week… – http://t.co/SedzT7o4 ->
- If you're at all into data crunching, this article about Obama's team is really interesting! http://t.co/NzEwonBp ->
- Brian Williams on NBC said it, I just quoted him! But you're right, very well said… RT @HillJackRussell Well said… very, very well said. in reply to HillJackRussell ->
- Thank you California for passing Prop 30! Excellent news for our schools, colleges, and universities! ->
- "Donald Trump, who has driven well past the last exit to relevance and veered into something closer to irresponsible" http://t.co/TqYnIe9B ->
- Most popular Tweet of all time? 496,683 retweets, 169,825 favorites (and trending) RT @BarackObama Four more years. http://t.co/PWKSkXR7 in reply to BarackObama ->
- Bittersweet tweet, for sure… RT @algore I am confident in saying that President Obama is going to carry the state of Florida tonight. in reply to algore ->
- Love my friend @ElisaSherman so much! She's texting me election news as I sit in class. It's too exciting and too important to not know! ->
- Saw several yards decorated with homemade displays for Obama on my drive into UCLA today. Inspiring and heartwarming! ->
- I have class tonight so I'll miss what could be the most exciting night on TV since 2000. Enjoy it for me! ->
- Election season in American can get ugly, but ELECTION DAY is always beautiful! Best day of this year by far! ->
- Chicago Sun Times: Marty Casey of Lovehammers has a tale to tell http://t.co/p4z51y7S Article includes one of my images – always fun to see! ->
- In the Chicago Sun Times this weekend… "Daily Splash: Marty Casey of Lovehammers has a tale to tell"… http://t.co/C8w2dgYw ->
- Watching The Candidate with Robert Redford on TV. Weird how little has changed in 40 years… Same issues, concerns, same politics. ->
- On Twitter this week… – http://t.co/XYwIfCwe ->
In the Chicago Sun Times this weekend… “Daily Splash: Marty Casey of Lovehammers has a tale to tell”
The article includes one of my images – always fun to see!
Here’s a link to the online version of the article…
- #localhistoryididntknow RT @StrawberryCreek "Bingo games/raffles were declared illegal & all local slot machines yanked" IDY Town Crier 1947 in reply to StrawberryCreek ->
- After a really tough week I am so looking forward to Gold Rush on Discovery @ 9PM. Seriously, I want to be gold miner in my next life! ->
- So far, two web sites that I've needed tonight have been down. I'm thinking they're hosted on the East Coast? #SandyStrikes ->
- Just had a 3.9 earthquake in Hemet. It was located 9km SE of Valle Vista, California, and woke up every dog and cat in the neighborhood! ->
- According to Twitter, my account may have been compromised… So what did the spammer post? That I had lost 20 pounds! Wish that was true! ->
- On Twitter this week… – http://t.co/L9J7JEIz ->
- Just got one of those sponsored posts on FB asking me to like Mitt Romney. Reminded me to go hit Like for Barack Obama! http://t.co/9rfZ5Qlv ->
- This is pretty funny – it's the last debate, edited down to 100 seconds. Oh, and the title is pretty clever as well! http://t.co/jh8ankRs ->
- If you're feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or tired, make time to read this one little article! http://t.co/FPFeVPsP Just do it! So inspiring! ->
- One of my secret favorite shows starts tonight! Gold Rush on Discovery Channel at 9PM. http://t.co/Y4tqbseg It's strangely addicting… ->
- I love this summation of the three debates, as seen on NBC… 1. Big Bird, 2. Binders, and 3. Bayonettes! ->
- On Twitter this week… – http://t.co/QhistrZs ->
- Congratulations! RT @CaroleRadziwill OMG! I'm subject of Forbes article. Serious women discussing my baby/book analogy. Zietgiesty! in reply to CaroleRadziwill ->
- But isn't this a show where the producers don't pick the "winner?" Isn't it supposed to be about love, not winning? So why target it? ->
- "Judge dismisses Bachelor discrimination case" http://t.co/pQCfhGym Evidently only white and hispanic men have ever "won" The Bachelorette. ->
- My Grandma was quoted in the Wall Street Journal this week! http://t.co/TYm3Uqbi It's an interesting article, worth reading! ->